In the past couple of months, I have been trying to make the transition to a minimalist lifestyle for a variety of reasons and this week I tackled my overflowing makeup collection and this is what I've managed to pare it down to. Obviously everyone's definition of minimalism is different and this may seem like a little or a lot. To me minimalism means not having any possessions which aren't used on a regular basis (which is very different from some people's approach of not owning anything that isn't 100% necessary, but that's a bit too far for me...maybe one day!).
Anyway, below is my minimalist makeup collection (yes, this is now every item of makeup I own!). I don't find myself wanting for any products or missing things I've gotten rid of and I love that everything fits in a small makeup bag on my dresser so I never have to worry about forgetting things if I'm taking a trip or going to get ready at a friend's house. This would also be a good starter makeup kit if you're just getting into makeup. Enjoy!
1. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in Ivory
3. Maybelline Super Stay 24h Foundation in Light Beige
4. Maybelline Undereye Brightner
5. YSL Red Lipstain No. 10
6. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof Mascara in Black
7. Revlon Photoready Concealer
8. Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
9. Miss Sporty Kohl Eye Pencil in Savage (I literally just picked up the cheapest brown pencil in Boots to use on my eyebrows and this works great).
10. L'Oreal Eyeshadow Quad in Beige Trench
11. MAC Rebel Lipstick
12. Max Factor Mono Eyeshadow in White Sation
2. Model's Own Eyelash Curlers
3. Pencil Sharpener
4. MAC 109 Contouring Brush
5. Chanel No. 2 Eyeshadow Brush
Your minimalist makeup collection may look different depending on your tastes. I personally don't like blush or wear lipstick during the day, so I don't own blush or daytime lipstick colours (although I do wear lip balm during the day). Hopefully, I will be content with this kit and keep my promise to myself not to buy any makeup other than to replace something when it runs out.