Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Harry Potter: Warner Brother's Studio Tour




This past week I did something very exciting for any long time Harry Potter Fan: I went on the Warner Brother's Studio tour in London. The tour contains loads of original props, costumes, and full sets and takes about 3 hours to get round (although I could easily have spent many more hours if I'd been by myself!). 

The most amazing part for me was really seeing how much work goes in to producing big budget movies like these. Obviously I didn't think it happened overnight, but I never considered the thousands of hours it takes professional architects, artists, designers, animal trainers, and everyone else to put it all together and the tour really gives you an insight into all the different elements.

I'm not a die hard Harry Potter fan (I never lined up a midnight for the books or movies) but I do have very fond memories of reading the books in my childhood, so you definitely don't have to be the biggest fan to really enjoy the tour. Overall it was amazing and definitely worth the £30 price tag! 

I took about 100 photos but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to go on the tour themselves so I've included a select few below.

Prop food that was laid out in the Dining Hall

Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour on Diagon Alley


The Potter House

Gryffindor Common Room

Professor Umbridge's Office

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...